My Blog List

Monday, May 07, 2007

Motivation Month: Burda 2/ 2007 - Mod 124 II

I made a little sewing progress over last weekend:

I sewed all main seams, e.g. front and back seams, princess seams in the fronts, darts and the right side seam.
I inserted an invisible zipper to the left side seam. Since I have the book "Power Sewing" by Sandra Betzina I always use her "foolproof invisible zipper" - method, which makes you insert a perfect sitting zipper within 5 minutes !


May I introduce you to Diana ? She is my body double and helps me to alter my sewing projcets. She is always happy to support me and here she presents the raw version of "polka-dot-dress":

I will continue tonight, starting with pockets, collar and facings.

am Wochenende habe ich ein bißchen was geschafft:
Ich habe die Mittelnaht, die Abnäher und die vorderen Teilungsnähte gesteppt und mit der Overlock versäubert. Ebenso die hintere Mittelnaht und die rechte Seitennaht.
In die linke Seitennaht habe ich einen nahtverdeckten Reissverschluß eingenäht:
Natürlich habe ich die Kanten vorher auch versäubert.
Den RV nähe ich immer nach der Anleitung von Sandra Betzina ( foolproof invisible zipper ) ein, das geht ratzfatz und kommt immer bestens hin.
Wer sich dafür interessiert, findet bei Sew & Sushi eine Anleitung dafür.
Noch etwas rudimentär sieht das Ganze zur Zeit auf "Diana" so aus:

Nun, heute abend geht es weiter. Auf dem Plan stehen: Fronttaschen + Klappen, Besätze und Kragen - mal sehen, wie weit ich denn tatsächlich komme.

2 comments:

KayB said...

oh... i have to watch this... because I got some black polka dot fabric (beige dots) at a auction over at the Stitchers Guild especially for this dress. With this fabric came a little bit of beige peachskin fabric, which I will probably use for the collar/pocket flaps and sleeve cuffs, making them standing out a bit..... Good Luck!

Katrin said...

Hi,

that sounds also really nice. I also have a vefy nice brown polka-dot fabrich in my stash ( the same as Julia Roberts is wearing at the Polo Game ) waiting.
I just love polka dots !