My Blog List

Friday, May 11, 2007

Motivation Month: Burda 2/2007 - Mod. 124 III

I made a little progress with my polka-dot dress:
I attached the small pockets and the flaps, sewed collar and facings.




Strawberries are for me one of the delicious things which start in May and so I decided to close all facings with this nice ribbon I bought at Farbenmix
I will do this also as a final embellishment for the hem ( inside, kind of varied Hong-Kong finish ).
Doesn´t this fit wonderful to May ?

I must say that the fabric is really annoying. It is so slippery and heavy that it is not doable without lots of pinning, basting and ironing. So this is no quick sewing project. But I admit that the increased effort really pays off. I am very satisfied with the result so far and I did not use my ripping tools once ! :)

After attaching collar and facings, I topstitched the whole front. ( I will buy a special foot for this procedure. It turned out quite well, but it will even better and easier with this foot...)



Ich hatte auch nochmal etwas Zeit zu nähen:
Ich habe zwischenzeitlich die Fronttaschen nebst Klappen aufgenäht, die Belege sowie den Kragen befestigt.

Der Stoff raubt mir allerdings den letzen Nerv. Es ist eine richtig flutschige, schwere Viskose, ohne Heften läuft hier leider garnichts . Daher komme ich auch nur relativ langsam voran. Allerdings habe ich auch festgestellt, dass sich sehr sorgfältiges Heften, Bügeln und Stecken auszahlen. Ich bin mit Passform und Verarbeitung sehr zufrieden und konnte den Trenner bisher in der Schublade lassen.

Da der Mai für mich Erdbeer"hoch"zeit ist, habe ich die Kanten in den Taschen ( Ja, innen ) und die Belegabschlusskanten mit diesem netten Erbeerband von Farbenmix versehen.

Am Saum möchte ich das Band ebenfalls als Abschlusskante annähen, quasi als Variation eines " Hong-Kong" - Finish.

Die Kanten von Kragen, Kragenansatznaht und der Klappen habe ich ganz schmal abgesteppt. ( Ich denke, ich leg mir mal so ein Kantensteppfüßchen zu. Das ging so zwar auch prima, aber damit bestimmt noch besser )

4 comments:

Tany said...

Lovely! I really like the strawberry ribbon! You are doing a great job!

Sylvie said...

Hallo Katrin,

so einen Schmalkantenfuß kann ich nur wärmstens empfehlen - ich möchte ihn nicht mehr missen! Gerade wenn man etwas ganz schmal absteppen muß klappt es zusammen mit einer verstellbaren Nadelposition einfach wunderbar!

Viele Grüße
Sylvie

PS: Ich würde Dich gerne in meinem Blog einbauen ;-) Ist das o.k. ?

Kitty Couture said...

A polka-dot dress! I've sworn to myself I'd make one some day. Just need to find the right fabric :) Yours is going to be so pretty!
You do such beautiful work and I'll be back for sure. It was an honour to see you even linked to me! Thank you.
See you, and happy sewing :)

Katrin said...

@ all: Thanks a lot for your nice comments ! It is an honour for me to welcome you to my blog :-).

@ Sylvie: In Deiner blogliste aufzutauchen würde mich sehr freuen!

LG,
KAtrin