My Blog List

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Motivation month: dresses

this months theme will be dresses, which nicely fits to the wonderful weather we have here in Germany, and also to my to-sew-list, which contains many dresses.... Since I already skipped April ( trousers ) I want to take part this time again.
I am going to sew this dress from Burda magazine February 2007 ( one of my favourite issues this year ).
I will use a very nice Viscose I already bought 2 years ago. I confess that I already have nice fitting shoes, so sewing this dress is really a comittment :-).
The current project status is : cut out the fabric, marked the seamlines with thread, where necessary, marked the alteration marks and cut the interfacing.
I still have to finish the Amy Butler project but I hope I will be able to do this tonight. ( and of course take some pictures ). Afterwards I will start sewing my "polka-dot dress".

Ich mache diesen Monat auch nochmal mit . Ich liebe Kleider und habe mir für dieses Jahr einige vorgenommen.Damit es auch etwas wird, protokolliere ich meine Fortschritte hier.( ok - die Tatsache, dass ich mir neulich Schuhe extra für dieses Kleid zugelegt habe, erhöht den Druck noch zusätzlich.... )
Ich nähe dieses Kleid aus der Februar-Burda ( wirklich eine m.M. nach sehr gelungene Ausgabe ). Mein Stoff ist eine 2 Jahre abgelagerte dunkelblaue Viskose mit kleinen weissen Tupfen.
Status des Projekts: zugeschnitten, Nahtlinien markiert und - wenn erforderlich - mit Schlaufen durchgeheftet, Einlage zugeschnitten.

Fortsetzung folgt, demnächst in diesem Theater....

3 comments:

Christina said...

Ooooh, I love that dress. I'm looking forward to seeing your finished garment.

Tany said...

That dress is in my "to sew" list too! Did you check the May Burda issue? Lots of dresses!

Katrin said...

Welcome to my blog and thank you for your comments :)
@ tany: Yes, I checked the May issue ( I have a subscription ) and again have a long wish -list.
I wish my day had at least 48 hours....:)

Katrin